Thursday, January 25, 2007

Are you overwhelmed by the 'big picture' or are you guided by small steps? I admit a lot of the past few months, I've been overwhelmed. I keep thinking about all the projects I want to do, the work to be done, the research, the writing, the writing, the pain of imperfection. I keep seeing the possibilities, but also the work and I tend to do nothing.
I don't jot down any notes. I don't drop notes in my project files. I don't do anything because I am paralyzed by fear. Funny how I wrote yesterday, Rome wasn't built in a day in my journal. Today, I read about small steps in Julia Cameron's book, 'Finding Water'. In this particular section she wrote, "the tiniest smidgen of progress is to be savored. We must take small steps on our behalf every day."
hinking over the small steps, I made a list, looked it over, and realized I can do my projects by doing a few tiny things a day.
What are your small steps? What did you do today?
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home