Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wow! How time flies! I hadn't posted for a while because I was trying to get the book finished and get ready for a big conference. I can't believe it has almost been a month. Where does the time go?
On the news front, I DID get the book finished and turned in. A major accomplishment, considering back in February, it didn't look possible. I must admit March and April passed in blurs.
Currently, I am getting ready for a writer's conference. Leaving tomorrow for that and will not return until Monday. Looking forward to seeing several writer friends and making new ones. I have my presentation ready, now if all the shepherds take their job as seriously as I've tried to let them know it is, I'll be fine.
Wednesday of next week, I teach my last Creative Writing Class to my high schoolers. It has been a ride, but now I'm narrowing down the number. I've had an increase, but it is hard to keep track of them all and this past year has been a disappointment for me. I will be teaching a limited number on line and look forward to doing some fun and different stuff with them. We'll see.
In the meantime, I am packing, getting ready to head to Colorado this summer. I look forward to my quiet time. Going to lose the weight that seems to have found my over these hectic past few months. Also, plan to write a few books up there and record some more instructional CD's to sell in the store here online.
I have been somewhat frightened at the change getting ready to occur. I have taught for over ten years. In a few weeks, I will be basically unemployed. I have been turning down teaching jobs right and left. I know it's something I've been supposed to do for years, it's just difficult in the doing.
Must run. Finish up for the weekend. I'm also grading papers for my kids.
Will write Monday when I get back from the conference.
Til Then~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home