Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Hello fellow artists!
I am back and trying to gear up for this new year ahead of us. I have been faced with several developments and am hoping to work through a lot of things, get on track, and get this new website up and running. Yes, still working on it.
I have talked to several people who are dealing with depression. I don't know if it has something to do with age or just this time of year. It seems young people are not faced with the same problems the rest of us are. One friend suggested they are just too stupid to notice.
For the first time in many years, I don't have the optimistic vim and vigor I used to have. I have become a cynical person. To be honest, I don't think I like it. I'd like to see the world through rose colored glasses, think everything would be all right, and look forward to what can and will be accomplished. These days, I don't.
It's enough for me to get through the day, work on what needs to be worked on, and collapse in to bed. My view is if everybody I know is still alive, it's a good day. Nothing beyond that.
If that is being an adult, I don't like it.
I have no illusions about goals, men, or the future. Yes, I did throw men in there. That's another topic another day.
Keep your chin up for now. I'll write more tomorrow.
Til Then~

1 Comments:

At 10:36 AM , Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I think a lot of the depression is caused by the stress of Christmas and the winter weather.
People seem to cheer up as spring approaches.
And being around children or observing nature really helps with becoming less cynical..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home