Monday, May 21, 2007

A new day, a new view. Yes, everything is good.
As those who read this blog know, I am watching my new grandbaby. It has actually turned out to be a very good situation for me. I was a little afraid at first, not having babies for so long. But he sleeps quite a bit and while he sleeps, I write. This is beneficial in so many ways.
First of all, it keeps me in my office and at the keyboard. Before he came along, I would find myself out running around, just because. I'd be gone to town all day. My husband had me running errands for him all over town and by the time I would get home, I was exhausted. Now, I have to stay home. My gawd, have you ever tried to go anywhere with a baby? Even to the store, it's like a 'great move'.
Second, my baby keeps me focused. I know he goes down for his morning nap around 10 and sleeps until about 1. I have that three hours to write. He wakes up and after he's changed and fed, he sits in his bouncy on the floor, I sit beside him and we do marketing stuff like filing, ripping magazines, etc. We will occassionally do the art project and to be honest, I can't wait until he gets old enough to hold a crayon in his hand. We are going to have 'art' everywhere.
Third, he's my reason for getting up in the morning. Before he came along, I would sleep until 10, maybe get in my office by 1. Now, I'm up at 6:30 because he arrives at 6:40. I get breakfast, exercise, dressed for the day and we're in my office by 8:30, first cup of coffee and 6 ounces of formula successfully down.
He really is a blessing and a miracle. And when my little 'sugar bear' smiles, it is so worth it.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home