Saturday, November 11, 2006

Even though today is Saturday, I am at my computer. I have been doing the Nano writing month and I must admit I am quite surprised at my success. I was a little worried. Considering I'm not quite half-way there I am still worried, but am pleased at how far I've come, especially since I got behind three days.
For those who aren't familiar with the Nano Novel month, let me explain. Every November, writers commit to writing a 50,000 word novel in one month. I've heard of it being done, Allison, my friend did it last year, but holy moly, it takes me six months just to get a book outlined. I by no means thought I could write a 50,000 word novel in thirty days. Okay, so I'm not there yet, but I am up over 17,000 words...in 11 days. Not to shabby if you ask me. And so my book probably won't be a best seller, chances are this one won't ever get read by an agent, it's a book and I'm seeing it is possible.
I have been doing 2500 words a day to catch up because I've been so far behind. I just keep thinking if I can do 2500 words a day and they make sense, think how I am going to feel when I get back to 1000 words a day and I have time to actually think about what I've written.
To add it up, 1000 words a day for 20 days is 20,000 words. If I'm shooting for a 60,000 word novel, I can have that puppy written in three months. I could conceivably do two novels a year.
I'm been thinking and planning. Look out publishing world, here I come.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home