Friday, January 18, 2013

Technology: Blessing or Curse

Frustration abounds and has abounded for the past week. I thought technology was supposed to make our lives easier. Recently, all it's been doing for me, is giving me a tension headache.

First, let's discuss my missing books. My latest book has come out--a month early. I started getting emails from friends who have gotten the book and been reading. I hadn't seen the thing. I should have received my author copies some time ago. However, I thought perhaps my publisher was waiting until the actual launch date.

Sooo, I went on and looked at Amazon. Sure 'nough they were sending out books, so I ordered the last two they had. When my two arrived, I was excited, yet still puzzled. After contacting my editor, I found out there had been a mix up. No doubt due to 'puters somewhere. My copies are now on their way and barring any interference from the post office should arrive early next week.

One problem solved.

Second, got a new cell phone. My life is on there. Apps for checking accounts, social contacts, music to work by, etc. It was supposed to be easy. Back up the old phone to iCloud. Restore new phone from iCloud. Somewhere iCloud got lost in translation and I lost everything.

For the past 5 days, I have been rebooting, restoring, syncing, and a host of other things. I have NO idea what I'm doing and things aren't exactly like they were. Still not getting all my email and Facebook is hit and miss. This morning, the phone was scrolling through all my music so fast, I swore it was possessed. It is better now.

Lest you think this is all in my head. Last month, I sent back my iPad because it was possessed. Apple sent me a new one. They couldn't exorcise it either.

I'm just saying.

Okay, back to the new book and working on interviews. So far, my computer is still working. However, currently, blogger and I are having issues.

Word count on new book is 8,143.

Til Next Time,
Deborah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home