Thursday, February 15, 2007

You know you've read a good book when you feel like you've lost an old friend when you finish. I just finished reading Julia Cameron's book, Finding Water. It was about having an artist's life and she spoke to some issue I'm facing in my life. I also finished up Jane Austen's biography and am having JA withdrawals from that one.
I am currently reading my friend, Jennifer Blake's book, Rogue's Salute. I love the characters and will probably finish it today. Another withdrawal as I like the characters.
As I've been reading, I'm trying to absorb these authors' strengths, their talents, their ability to tell stories. I admire them one and all. Jane Austen was taken from us way toooo soon. I often think how much more she could have given us if she would have lived longer. Then, how much all the others have given us.
I love books. I love writing. I love everything about the publishing business. Perhaps it's the risk, the throwing of the dice. Just like the lottery, one never knows when your numbers are going to come up and you'll be the lucky winner. One thing for sure though. I will keep trying. It's a drive and passion. One day, I want a reader to read my books and feel like they've lost a friend when they've finished reading mine. When I get to that point, I will have known I made it.
Til Next Time~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home