Friday, July 29, 2005

Hello!

This is the first post on this blog. I've yet to fill out my profile. Will do that sometime this weekend. For now, it's enough for you to know I am a writer. I've thought about doing a blog for some time, however with the encouragement of my editor at Writer's Digest in May, I decided to take the plunge and just 'do it'.

My hope for this blog is to share my life, low times, high times, and all the times in between.

If you've not read Eric Maisel's latest book, Coaching the Artist Within, I suggest you do. The past few months have been a very difficult time for my family. In March, we lost three family members and to say things have not been running smoothly would be an understatement.

When bad things happen, it is difficult to think, much less create. In Eric's book though, he encourages artists of all mediums to take the good with the bad. That is life. That is how we move forward.

From my vantage point, it seems that is how we get the material for our art.

That's all for today. Tomorrow, I will be attending an 'artist seminar'. I will share what I pick up. :-)

Til Then~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home