Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall is most definitely here. I am still in Colorado. It is cloudy and cool with a hint of a breeze. A few minutes ago, I heard a bull elk bugle. I looked out my office window and there he was pushing his herd of girls up the hill toward the golf course.
I've been here at the keyboard since 8:00 this morning working on the latest edition of Off the Beaten Path. I've done about 15 phone interviews, scribbled, rewritten, worked on an index, sent an email to an editor and wrote a blurb for a local business. It's amazing what one can get done when one tries. Ha! But the elk were a welcome sight. I needed the break and didn't realize how stiff I was until I stood up. Yikes!
"America's Got Talent" announced our winner. Did your contestant win? Mine did. I was so happy for Neal A. Boyd, I can't even begin to tell you. I was worried as there were so many talented people competing. I wanted Eli to win as well as Nothin' but Strings, but Neal was always my top choice. His voice is simply incredible. I have to admit, I have spent the last two weeks gloating in his win. Can't wait to watch the October 17th performance. My main phrase to my daughter is 'there is justice in the world afterall'. At least where that program in concerned.
We won't get in to politics. As far as I'm concerned, everybody in Washington and those getting ready to go to Washington are nuts. I don't trust any of them farther than I can throw them and I can't throw them far. I honestly think we'd be better off with Porky Pig as President, but that's just MHO.
In the meantime, what to do with our time since winter is approaching. How about hauling out those notes on the book you've been intending to write, brushing the dust away, and getting started on it while the weather is cold and nasty outside? Lord knows when it warms up, you'll find all kinds of excuses to keep you away from the keyboard.
Now's the time to get started. Use those extra hours inside to get that book written. Don't forget Nano is coming up in November. That might be a motivator for you..if you need it. The bottom line is write this winter.
Til Next Time~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home