Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Today has been interesting. Still following the whole Virginia Tech horror. It puts things in to perspective. I try to put myself in the socks of those victims' families and for the life of me can't even begin to imagine what they are going through. Even as a bystander, when I think of the events of the past few days, my heart aches. Those kids were so young. I can't help from thinking what potential was snuffed out in a matter of minutes. I also wonder where, how, why, and when a person goes from being a part of society (okay, from all accounts he didn't want to be sociable) to a selfish, egotistical killer. It doesn't make sense to me. None of it makes sense. Then to see those pictures of him and hear what he had to say. What an angry young man! I really DO NOT understand it at all. So many young lives and minds lost.
Then there is the media and all the coverage.
As a writer it is inherent to be curious to want to know what's going on. I understand the media wanting and trying to get 'the big story'. As a parent, I can't imagine how the victims' families must feel seeing the stuff over and over again. I don't know that the media is doing the right thing. I'm torn.
I don't know. It all seems crazy. I'll keep following this and try to learn more about human nature, but I really can't understand this whole thing. I've always said I could never write crime novels, I can't think like a criminal. I just can't fathom what would make a person plan and then kill people.
Okay, off my soap box.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home