Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I did a little work today while I was watching my grandson today. I should have done more, but I was playing with him while he was awake. He is so cute and smart. I know he is just over a month old, but he is inquisitive. He looks at and notices everything. And as I may have already said, he loves fans.
He is in a learning curve and as I was watching him today, I thought about how writers need to be like babies. Writers need to be alert, look and learn about everything around them. They need to soak up their surroundings like babies and have an innocence about what they learn like them too. Babies see with new eyes, so things are exciting to them, their hands, their ears, even their voices.
As an exercise, pretend you are seeing your surroundings for the first time. Study everything around you, and then write down your observations. See what you can learn from a baby.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home