Saturday, April 14, 2007

It's back to work time. I spent last week spoiling my grandson, but every good thing must come to an end. I thought a lot about my projects. I also thought about my career and where it is headed. You know writing is the only career I know of where one or two books can totally change your entire life.
I was watching the Biography Channel the other morning. Tom Clancy was the subject. He was 36 when his first book was published. Ten years later, his life was so drastically different from the insurance salesman he started out as, it is incredible. In ten years, his life totally changed around.
I've thought about how kewl it would be to win the lottery, but I think it would be even cooler to write a book, have it hit the bestseller list and live off those proceeds. When I interviews Cheryl Holt, she said every book she sells, it feels like she hit the lottery. I know what she means.
People who are not in publishing, don't realize how difficult it is to get a book published. When you do, it is like hitting the lottery.
Off to work. Til Later~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home