Monday, April 30, 2007

Hello All! I did not write yesterday because I was trying to get my temper under control You would not have wanted to be near me or hear from me yesterday. Unfortunately, writers do have lives outside of their writing spheres and it just so happened reality struck. Besides I couldn't write yesterday anyway because I spent two hours washing dishes. Yes, I do have a dishwasher, which brings me back to reality.
I wasn't going to write about this situation, but since I am a writer and writing is what we do, here goes---
Back in March, I received a letter from Whirlpool telling me that they were recalling Maytag and Kenmore dishwashers because of a fire hazard. Mine, of course, was one of the ones being recalled. Even though my dishwasher was working FINE, for five years, no problem, I called, scheduled a part to be sent, followed all the rules, unplugged--because heaven forbid, a fire break out in my dishwasher.
Received the part AFTER two weeks, then called and scheduled a Maytag/Whirlpool tech to come and fix the thing, which took another week. The day finally arrived and so did the tech. I was watching my grandbaby, so I didn't go in and watch as I normally do, figured he knew what he was doing. I was wrong.
When he finished, he tested the dishwasher. I heard water runnning and breathed a sigh of relief thinking okay, now it won't catch fire. However, before he left, he told me it was a little difficult to close, just push it closed real good and hard. That it would settle after four or five times of use and things would be fine.
Later that afternoon, after my son came after the baby, I went in and attempted to load the dishwasher. The reason I say tempted is because the door would not open all the way and the bottom rack would keep rolling back in to the dishwasher. Upon further inspection, I realized the door was CROOKED. No wonder it wouldn't shut. It couldn't shut because it was literally on there CROOKED. I called not only the service place, but Whirlpool. Got run arounds at the service center. I'm not sure the Whirlpool Service Line took me too seriously as he told me to call the guy at the service center back on Monday and to just use the dishwasher sparingly because since the door wasn't closing properly, there could be more damage.
Thinking okay, it's just the door, I went on through the weekend putting dishes in there, thinking it was working, I'll stand and watch it just to make sure water isn't pouring from it, etc...
Put soap in the thingy, turned it on and guess what? Nothing happened. Yep, you guessed it. NOW IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!!!!!!!!! That is what I have been telling the people at Whirlpool. IT WAS WORKING FINE, BEAUTIFULLY IN FACT, UNTIL THEIR RECALL AND THEIR TECHS CAME OUT TO FIX IT!!!!!!!!! NOW IT DOESN'T WORK! What is wrong with this picture??????
Okay, I am calm.
As a writer, I feel it is my responsibility to alert other consumers, so I will be sending out "Letters to the Editor", will contact the BBB, and any other group I can find to let others know of this debacle. Like I told the customer service rep, if I wanted to wash dishes I wouldn't have a dishwasher.
Off now, to continue the crusade. Tomorrow, I will write about some disturbing news I received from another writer.
Til Then~

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home