Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Whew! Another week down and I'm over 10,000 words, 11,019 to be exact. I worked over the weekend, but was off yesterday. Today when I started it was a little rough. I think I probably wrote crappola. A writer friend of mine said on the days I write poorly, two weeks later, I won't even be able to tell. Sometimes though I write so poorly I'm sure I'll be able to tell.
Today it seemed as if I was writing the same thing over and over again. I went back, deleted sentences, rewrote them, read others that I used the same words from the previous sentence.
It seems I am writing disaster copy. Ha! You know the kind that comes rushing in and you know once the storm is over, you are going to have to be the one to clean up the mess.
I may have over 11,000 words, but I know 2,000 are going to have to be axed. I guess that's a good thing considering I've only been working on chapter 1. I still have 9 more to go. If I keep progressing like this, I'll have a 90,000 word book when I only need 60,000.
Oh well, it's like an editor once told me, "it's a whole lot easier to cut, than to add." That's what I tell myself at the end of every day.
Until next time~
Keep Writing!

1 Comments:

At 2:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo, you should be proud, you've posted twice in a one month period. You know, if I could just "think" my blog it wouldn't be a problem. But actual writing AND posting, I have trouble with that. Congratulations on the progress with the new book. It's non fiction? How about writing some fiction, huh? ~Nita

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home